Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bought a Tractor


We bought a tractor today. We went ready to negotiate, but I don't think Konrad got to do much negotiating after he was told someone just left and was willing to pay full price if Konrad didn't. We did not come with enough cash to cover the full price-because we expected to get a deal-so we had take a scenic drive to the bank for more money. I left Konrad with the tractor as he waited for his friend with a flatbed tow truck to arrive and I took the boys to get some lunch. Kolin wanted Chick-fil-a and who am I to deny him, so we went to Chick-fil-a. I let them play in the playroom while I stood in line. I put the food on a table and went in the playroom to get the boys. There was a boy YELLING that some boy wet his pants and already two mom's telling their kids to get out of the play area. Well that boy was Kaden and his pants were wet so I handed him some of the food, Kolin some of the food, shoved some of it in my purse and headed for the car and a diaper. I changed Kaden's diaper, loaded everyone into their car seats and went back in for their crocks in the playroom. As I entered I see the manager and a young employee telling everyone they must get out of the playroom so they could sanitize it. I know I turned a couple shades of red as I left.
After that we went back to the house/field and met Konrad there with the new tractor. I started up the fire again with the coals from yesterday's fire, picked up some trash and got to drive the tractor for a few minutes, under Konrad's tight supervision. Later I have a sitter coming to watch the boys and I'm going to my cousin Taylor's last dance recital across town and then to my Aunt Stacy's for a reception. When Konrad gets done working with the fire and no doubt playing with his new tractor he'll come home, relieve the babysitter and have a boys night at the apartment.
I'll post a picture of the new tractor soon!

No comments: