Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Recycling Containers




I finally made a decision and purchased a set of three recycling containers. It was a big decision and Konrad finally had to help me make it, as usual. We chose the more colorful option. The other option was to purchase a series of slim, muted-colored trash cans and line them up, but this takes up more floor space and Konrad seemed to like the more colorful option. Each bin holds 18 gallons, very impressive! We still collect the largest amount of plastics so the round green bin on the floor will be for those, we are still debating about what to put in the new bins. We recycle 6 things and there are only 3 new bins plus the plastics bin. Decisions, decisions.
Konrad took the recycles today and said several people asked about them. Later we realized that he also recycled a boxed up birthday present that I had in the back of the car. I finally bought wrapping paper this morning so I went to the car to get the box to wrap it. When I didn't see it in the back of the car I had a pretty good idea of where it was, but I was hoping I was wrong. Konrad went back by the recycling center on his way home this evening and by doing a bit of dumpster diving was thankfully able to retrieve the gift. So Ian, we WILL bring a gift to your party!

No comments: