Friday, June 6, 2008

How could I forget?

I was so excited about finding that verse that I forgot to tell you about how our day got started this morning!
We all got up about the same time and I let son#2 play on the deck while I got dressed. I was gone maybe 3 1/2 minutes. I walk out of my bedroom to see him standing in the doorway about to walk on the carpet with himself and a cardboard wrapping paper roll covered in white paint. It was in his hair all the way down to the bottom of his feet, literally head to toe. So I picked him up and dumped him in the shower, scrubbed him down then shut both boys in the playroom as I tackled the bigger mess. The gallon paint can was on the deck. I had foolishly left the lid off hoping it would harden so I could throw it in the trash, 3 days ago. Obviously it still had a ways to go. There was paint on the deck, my outdoor area rug, the welcome mat, the door (glass panes, frame and threshold), the inside mat, the carpet runner, the tile floor, the kitchen door mat, the wooden threshold, and one footprint on the carpet. After much scrubbing, the only thing I got completely clean was the tile floor, and the child. No, I take that back, he still has some paint on his ear. It wasn't a great start, but we did manage to still have a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YIKES!! that must have been quite the surprise. Can't wait to see the new paint job on the back porch.