Tuesday, October 21, 2008

T-Bone

Our steer arrived late Monday afternoon. He will be in the pasture until next spring and then he will move to the freezer. I go back and forth on how I feel about this, this is my first venture into raising my own animal food. Konrad is pretty excited to have a steer on the farm, that's good because he will have to be the one to take care of it on most occasions. I don't want to come to like the cow. We only plan to keep half of the meat, our friends the Thomas' are taking the other half.
T-Bone will stay in the barn for about 3 days and then be released to the pasture. KC wants to go check on him all the time and is currently calling himself "T-Bone the Cow". KR is very interested in T-Bone but got scared when T-Bone bellowed out while KR was in the barn adn cried all the way up to the house.


No comments: