Monday, April 12, 2010

Latest Addition






Friday night we went to the sale barn and looked at goats for two hours. Let me rephrase that. Konrad looked at goats for two hours. The boys ran around banging gates and helping themselves to free snacks, drinks and candy for two hours. I looked at Konrad's top 5 or 6 choices, tried to limit the sugar consumption of the boys and eventually sat down and read a magazine for two hours.



Konrad got off work early on Saturday to go to the sale. I called him about two hours in and he hadn't bought anything yet. A little later he called and said, "I bought one." My first question was how much? He was under the predetermined limit, so all was good. I have to admit I was a little concerned he would get caught up at his first auction as a bidder. I really wanted to be there to watch him, I know he enjoyed it. After the sale the boys and I loaded up and went to help him load the new goat. We weren't really needed but it was fun to be there.

The other goats checking her out.


We haven't officially named her but are leaning strongly toward the name Mimi, or Miss Mimi. She will be our herd nanny for many years to come.


No comments: