Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lava Cake

Kolin requested a volcano on his birthday cake and I aim to please. Here is the cake before the eruption with lava icing, dinosaurs eggs, crushed cracker ash and even a swimming hole for T.Rex. I used two cakes. One I baked in the 9x13, the other I baked in my Pampered Chef Batter Bowl and a ramekin which I stacked.

This is brachiasaurus guarding his eggs among the trees.

The eruption begins. That's Ian there with Kolin. He is Stephanie's son and he is between Kolin and Kaden in age. They play really well together and we try to get them together as often as we can.There was lots of smoke and lava poured out and ran down the mountain. My trial run went a little better the day before, but by the looks on their faces I think they liked it.



No comments: