Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finally Home


Our Texas adventure was a lot of fun. We were there to celebrate Grant's graduation from divinity school. Grant's family and Ken and Tina were there. We took in a Texas BBQ complete with pony rides and a petting zoo. We spent Mother's Day at the Zoo. Between our family passes and discounts, all 12 of us got in for $3.50. They certainly made their money on lunch though I didn't pay, thanks Ken. We thought we might have to detour to Arkansas on the way home but instead we drove home on Monday, then the boys and I left Wednesday for Arkansas for Grandma Hendrickson's funeral. She was 91 years old and had 4 great-great grandchildren, my sons being two of them. She was a Christian and is happy to be with God now. We spent some time out at her house before we left AR and I was able to dig up some of her hibiscus, iris' and a couple other pieces of plants to bring home with me. I share her love of gardening. She was also a bird watcher, a hobby I hope to take up someday. Someday when I can sit still for more than 3 minutes at a time without interruption. The boys traveled good, but I am still so glad to be home! Above is Kaden, we kept him happy quite often by feeding him. Here he is with a container of a new hit snack Lil'Crunchies. If you have little ones, they'll love 'em. Thanks to my friend Amy for introducing us to them.

No comments: