Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sicko

Poor little Gordon got an ear infection while we were in AR for great-grandma's funeral. I took him to her doctors office in podunk. It was close to closing time. I was sure to bring him in so they could see how cute, but obviously sick he was. The receptionist kind of made a face but they agreed to see him, I think mainly in honor of Grandma. So the doctor confirmed my suspicion, it was indeed an ear infection, his temp was 102. Then she called in a Rx to another city because, get this, there is no pharmacist nor pharmacy in podunk, population 282! And she told me that some of her patients can't afford the gas for the trip to the nearest town with a pharmacy to pick up a Rx. So she keeps lots of stuff on hand, none of which she offered me. Guess she thought I could make the drive. I'm just kidding, we discussed it, they were all very nice and told me repeatedly how sweet GGma was and how much they would miss her. So thanks Grandma, for the doctor props, your stardom helped get my baby on the track to feeling better.

No comments: