Saturday, May 24, 2008

They're HERE!

I saw 2 lightning bugs this evening! That's the first I've seen of them this year. I think that means summer has begun.

I'm growing an avocado tree from a pit. It has taken it a long time to sprout and I looked up on the internet how to grow it. I follow the directions carefully, but I didn't read ahead. The tree has roots and leaves now but I finished the article and it said it "sometimes" bears fruit in 3-4 years!and that your chances are better if you have several trees so they can aid in pollination. Here I thought I was going to harvest avocado's next year. I also didn't know it would be so large. It's supposed to be 20-40 feet tall. That's like a real sized tree. I was thinking it would be more the size of a large bush. I don't have a good place for "several" 20-40' trees. Do you?

No comments: