Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Carpoolers


One more post for the day, hey, I've left you high and dry for over a week, I need to catch you up. Anyway, if you are looking for a funny show, watch Carpoolers. I'm not sure when it actually airs, Tuesday perhaps?, because I watch it online at abc.com. It is hilarious. It's the first show in a long time to make me laugh out loud on occasion. It's about 4 guys who carpool to work, they work in different places but apparently all in the same building. Dougie is 22 and he and his wife, Cindy are very Cleaver-ish, but she's OCD. Laird is a divorced, shallow but hot dentist. Aubrey has like 7 kids and a wife who never leaves her recliner and Gracen has a man-child son named Marmaduke that just makes me chuckle to think about. So if your Tuesday night is lacking humor or you find yourself with some vacant time and Internet access, you should tune in.

Marmaduke's Bio
Twenty-two years-old and still living at home, Marmaduke is a counterculture misfit whose countless endeavors are as bizarre as his name. His unique view of the world often confounds his father but his mother Leila is always there to offer her unconditional support whether it be assisting him in the purchase of his own ATM machine or encouraging him to pledge an online fraternity. Marmaduke is part renaissance man and part renaissance man-child. A genius, a rebel and a lunatic, Marmaduke keeps all who know him on their toes.

Ok, I just went to the carpoolers site to verify some of my name spelling for above and it appears that the show may be being cancelled. I guess not enough people find Marmaduke as entertaining as I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Although I have never watched the show, some of the guys at work were upset when this came out--they had been kicking around some screenplay ideas for a while about the same subject.