Monday, March 3, 2008

weather

The weather yesterday and today was absolutely gorgeous! Yesterday the whole family played outside. I weeded and trimmed and raked and Daddy changed flood lights and filters. The boys played in the sand box and 'helped' trim some ornamental grasses. Big Love really enjoys carrying things around, he had 1/2 of a shovel handle yesterday. I broke it like a week ago. It makes him so happy we hate to throw it away. But it's one of those things that if someone came over and saw it laying about they would wonder, why don't throw that away? Why do they have a broken handle laying around? Maybe I'm overthinking things. Husband says I do that. Anyway it's about 3' long so I think he feels pretty proud of himself when he has it, like he has a big person toy or something.
Diesel was introduced to his bike helmet. That didn't go well, but we talked it up a lot and put great emphasis on the fact that he had to wear it because he was soo big and because he could go sooo fast. That seemed to help a little. He really does fly and he runs the same path around the driveway over and over, faster and faster and there is a little hill and then a curve so he has to lean and turn at maximum speed or he'll crash into a small rock wall, which does happen on occasion. So we the parents are in agreement that the helmet is a good idea.
Today we took the new t-ball stand outside that Big Love got for his birthday. Diesel can hit it off the tee, BL just like to push the ball off as big brother sets it up there on the tee. Diesel doesn't think that is as fun as BL. I also discovered that Diesel can pitch! He threw it right over the imaginary plate over and over and I hit it. One whizzed right by his head before I realized maybe swinging at full throttle wasn't such a good idea with a 3-year old standing 6 feet in front of me. Smart Mommy. I did end up hitting him in the face once. I basically just let the ball hit the bat and it bounced back at him, but it still hurt him. We took t-ball back inside at that point.
The boys and I delivered a hot meal to a family with new twin girls tonight. They were so tiny. Born at 5+ pounds, now 6. I made chicken parmesan and garlic toast and threw in some birthday cake. I let Diesel carry the cake, he liked that. BL slept through the whole trip, we left him in the car. Oh the laughs that would bring from some old friends, but I digress.
Oh, and my Bible study was this morning. It was great. We talked and shared and our teacher/leader gives us so much insight. It's awesome! I just love being surrounded by godly women, or at least we're trying to be. A new friend even saved me a seat, that mad eme feel special. I'm really going to try to have one hour of time with God every day this week. I'm counting the Bible study for today!
Goodnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to get news from the Kauls over a blog. Maybe this is a good place to leave the link to my blog site, in case of interest:

replacedsoutherner.blogspot.com