Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Birthday Party



Well, the party went well. At least we think so. All the food was eaten and a couple of friends did almost all the cleanup. The kids stayed happy and I got to visit a little with friends. Big Love got several toys, some large ones. Seems that since we've moved to a larger home SOME of our friends think it is their personal responsibility to fill it up with child paraphenalia. Whatever. That's why I love having a playroom! Throw all the toys in, close the door, viola! instant sanity!

One regret is that I don't get to really catch up with folks in that type of gathering. I was saner than usual, but typically I don't sit still for more than a minute or I start to feel like I should be doing something else, cleaning up or getting someone a drink. You know, when it's your party you want to flutter and make sure everyone is having a good time and while this is fun, it prevents me from serious girl talk.

Church was fun today. Our class was hysterical. We're watching a video series about marriage and the guy is just so dead on, we were both laughing out loud and shaking our heads in agreement. One thing that was so funny was how men and women differ when talking on the phone. A woman can talk on the phone, cook dinner, referee the children, and email all at the same time. But when a man is on the phone he wants silence all around him and any distractions threaten the integrity of the phone call. His illustrations were funny.

No comments: